Open houses provide terrific opportunities to visit a neighborhood, investigate particular styles of housing, get a feel for space or picture yourself living somewhere. Your real estate agent can set you up to receive weekly open house lists in your desired area and price range. Visit an assortment and educate yourselves before getting serious about buying. Upon arrival, introduce yourself, sign in with your Buyer agent's information, take a listing sheet and respectfully look around. Feel free to ask questions but save any personal or money discussion for your own agent.
- Don’t use bathrooms or sit on furniture.
- Ask before opening any closed doors.
- Do not bring pets.
- Remove shoes if asked.
- Take notes on likes and dislikes.
- Observe other Buyers and listen.
- Concentrate on permanent items as opposed to changeable decor.
- Look up and down and for any signs of neglect or recent repairs.
- Walk the outside of the house/building and any immediate areas.
Stay Tuned for Part 2: READY TO BUY!
Looking for a buyer’s agent who can keep you informed and up to date on your real estate search? You need someone experienced to guide you through this process and help negotiate for a wonderful new home! Contact us and let one of our experts help!